Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wants.............. and needs..............

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Started sanding down the 210's. My air compressor died, so for the moment I'm doing it by hand. OMG........It's gonna take me years to do 6 of these...... Still have to remove the nails in the flare of the horn and replace them w/ screws.

    As I was working and listening to the speakers (and my arms were getting tired), I slowwwwwwwwwly started to realize that the sound system I was building was way overkill for my neighborhood. But so far I haven't got any complaints from neighbors for excessive volume. I don't think I've ever even turned it up 1/2 way. Got 4 JBL 4311 studio monitors running off a 60 watt Sony receiver, and a 50 w/ch Alesis amp that runs into a single 210 w/ 2 Eminence 15's in it. The Eminence drivers are in there just temporarily. Gonna put a combination of 515's and JBL 2225's in the 210 boxes.

    Found another pair of cabinets, I'll have 8 515's and 4 2225's or 4 515's and 8 2225's. Have to experiment. Got an old 430w/ ch Adcom amp to power all the 15's, + a Rane AC23 3-way stereo electronic x-over. Want to pick up a 16 ch. rack mount mixer too.

    Six 210 VOTT cabinets ??? Can't wait for outdoor summertime parties..........

    It's really not necessary, but it's something I want. It's not something I need, but something I do enjoy.

    How many of you guys have more than you really need?

    How many of you have everything you want?

    Does your significant other agree?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A wise man once said;

    " forums You can't always get what you wa-ant,

    But if ya' try sometimes,

    duuh-duh-duuh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh

    You get what you nee-eed.

    Ooooh, ba-aby, Yeah!" forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.